Subject: ebBP 7/17/2006: UMM and Transaction Patterns Discussion

As we discussed in last week's meeting, herein are the question raised
by Pim re: the transaction patterns, responses on ebXML-dev and my
response recently. Thanks.

> vanderEijk: I read in the ebBP minutes that you were thinking of
> responding to my
> question. In the mean time, this is what I got from Chritian Huemer.
> Is this similar
> to what you were thinking of?

mm1: ...If you look at the request-confirm information that we provided
in the pattern matrices in v2.0.3, the response that Christian provided
was consistent with your discussion and what is in the specification
(Many details exist in specification in Section 3.4.9)....

I also should pull out some of our historical discussions where we spent
(literally) hours talking about the patterns, their use, and how to
enable understanding and effective usage of the patterns. Perhaps we can
discuss how these were envisioned by folks focused on their implementation.

Much of the discussions occurred in 2004 and early 2005 and was more so
concentrated on Commercial Transaction (Business Transaction),
Notification and Request Response.  When we concretized the patterns in
the schema, that drove much discussion in order to understand what would
be used and why.  I am uncertain about pre-editor context validation.
There was no view or specifics about context in the UMM related to BT
patterns until we added it in ebBP v2.0.x.  There was the notion of
context related to information however.

Thanks.