ebxml-cppa-comment message

Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Fwd: Re: Refernce Codes for ebXML

Hi Stephen

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 22:26, Stephen GOULD wrote:
> Hi Sacha - you may want to review some of the work that has been
> carried out on a standard electronic Reference codes for ebXML.
>
> Back in 1992 we were working with Salford University on
> the problem for different reference codes for the same product in the
> supply chain particularly when that product becomes a component of
> another product
> http://www.halisa.net/R/EDIACPR1.htm
>
> The problem is that usually the small component suppliers are SMEs
> without the computer skills to understand ebXML issues and the need
> for standards such as a standard code structure for a Company Name
> and Address format
> http://www.smeems.net/cpr/be/3she/
>
> Several consultants have worked together to develop an Electronic Tender
> process as the first stage of the e-Business Cycle.
> http://www.smeems.net/cpr/gk/mod/TFS/
>
> NEXT STEPS
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for your links concerning reference codes. Will have a
look at them at a later stage.

The referencing problem I am talking about is a different referencing
problem and is rather a technical problem of lower magnitude. Sorry for
the unfortunate naming I used.

In my case the referencing problem is within a CPP (Collaboration
Protocol Profile) XML instance document where a DeliveryChanel XML
element references a Transport XML element by its transportId attribute.

In the CPA (Collaboration Protocol Agreement) Template composition
process (mechanical composition of the a CPA Template from two CPPs) an
algorithm has to watch out that it does not overwrite a Transport XML
element when it has to compare differente DeliveryChannel elements
beacuse two different DeliveryChannels can reference the same Transport
XML element.

Hope this is not too confusing.

Kind regards

Sacha Schlegel