ebxml-cppa-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: pvde@sonnenglanz.net

Hello,

I read that section as indicating a way to use a particular channel for a special MSH action (e.g. "Acknowledgment") as different from the default channel for all other MSH actions (i.e. Error, StatusRequest, StatusResponse, Ping, Pong).  If I read it correctly, it would not distinguish between a single MSH action in response to different messages.

I've copied ebxml-cppa-comment@oasis-open.org as you indicated.
Thanks for a prompt response.

Pim

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Moberg [mailto:dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com]
Sent: 16 November 2005 22:07
To: Pim van der Eijk; ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] CPA Delivery Channel for Asynchronous ebMS Acknowledgments

Hi,

Please take a look at the CPPA specification, section 8.4.58 on the (not very frequently used) OverrideMshActionBinding...

The OverrideMshActionBinding element can occur zero or more times. It has two REQUIRED attributes. The action attribute identifies the Message Service Handler level action whose delivery is not to use the default DeliveryChannel for Message Service Handler actions. The channelId attribute specifies the DeliveryChannel to be used instead.

It sounds like your situation is one that this optional element is intended to cover, but if not, post to ebxml-cppa-comment@oasis-open.org and we will discuss the use case further as part of the maintenance process.

Dale Moberg