Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Re: Negotiation pattern, transactions, CPPA

From: Martin W Sachs
> In my mind, we want to permit either party to be able make an offer or
> counter offer while avoiding the race conditions.  Your (2) is
interesting.
> If I send you a counter-pending response, I am telling you that I want
the
> ball to initiate tne next transaction.  I had not thought about that
> possibility.

That is the main idea of the Negotiation Pattern.
The pattern started out over a lunch table and that
idea was what made it work.

I apologize that it was so well hidden in the document.

> As to (1), we can't avoid that but we still need to figure out who
gets the
> ball next if the two parties have both each other sent initial
requests.

Depends on if humans or computer programmers are in control.
Humans will have no trouble. They will call each other on the
phone and work it out.  Computer programs will need some
kind ot tie-breaker.

-Bob Haugen