Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Re: BPSS Start element

John,

I agree.  We need the flexibility to control whether a particular binary
collaboration can be entered directly or only from a higher level binary
collaboration.  I think that my suggestion (previous posting) to assign a
specific meaning to absense of the Start element does that. Another way is
to complete the definition of preCondition so that its value can be
interpreted by a BSI or deployment tool.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      "John Yunker"
                      <john.                   To:       Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      yunker@bleuciel.         cc:       <ebtwg-bps@lists.ebtwg.org>, <ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org>,
                      org>                      "Jean-Jacques Dubray" <jjd@eigner.com>
                                               Subject:  Re: BPSS Start element
                      08/09/2002 03:18
                      PM

<MWS> I believe that if I want the nested collaboration to be treated as a
state machine encapsulated within the outer collaboration, I should state
my
intention by omitting a Start element from the nested collaboration.  The
transition element in the outer collaboration will take me to the
encapsulated nested collaboration at the appropriate place in the
choreography without needing a start element in the nested collaboration. I
don't find words in the BPSS spec that tell me to do that, </MWS>

Marty, yes you could do that, however I would reserve the right to place
conditions on both the transition and the nested start state.  Since I am
trying to reuse standard collaborations I will want to normalize the
conditions between the transition (those conditions dependent on the