Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] NDD draft

Kartha,

The NDD draft looks very good.  I have a few comments:

CPAId:  I suggest that for version 1, we state that to negotiate the CPAId,
it MUST be a URI.  Its value is negotiable.  I will add an item to the
futures list about negotiating the CPAId format (URI or other).

CPA Status value:  I agree that the status value cannot be negotiated. The
rules for its values are given in the CPPA specification and will be in our
negotiation specification.

Start element:  I believe that the LatestEnd element should be LatestStart.

End element:  I believe that the EarliestStart element should be
EarliestEnd.

PiecewiseLinearPiece element:  The spec should explain the function of x1
and y1.  Perhaps we could give these elements self-explanatory names.

PiecewiseLinearPiece (schema):  Could x1 and y1 be typed more strongly than
"xs:string" and "xs:NMTOKEN"?  I guess that this is not possible if they
are to be used with a variety of datatypes.  Could we state a rule that
relates the type of each instance of x1 and y1 to the type of the element
that they are working with (e.g. dateTime for the Start and End elements)?

ConversationConstraints element comment:  Could we have an element or
attribute that states which of the four preference modes the party is
using?

Comment element:  Comment isn't a cardinality issue.  The CPPA
specification states that all comments in both CPPs SHALL be included
unless the Parties agree otherwise.  I believe that this requires that each
comment be separately negotiable (include or not include). I don't know how
one could negotiate about arbitrary text strings.  Perhaps this is one
where we should recommend human to human contact.

Comment about elements present only in the CPA:  This is no longer a
negotiation issue for version 1 since we agreed that the version-1 protocol
starts with an offer of a CPA template.  If there is anything about this
issue that you would like me to put in the futures document, please send me
text for it.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs