Subject: negotiation simplification.

I am posting this on the negotiation list.  Let's keep the discussions public.

Our draft spec. already provides the option of Party A retrieving Party B's
CPP first. Party A  would use Party B's CPP to build a CPA template and NDD
and submit them to Party A as an initial offer. Dale's statement points the
way toward eliminating unnecessary negotiation by suggesting that Party B
build  a CPA template that has a high probability of being accepted by
Party B (or at least reducing the number of iterations of the negotiation).

The negotiation subteam has to attack the specific problem of simplifying
the negotiation CPA since 12 pages of XML statements is pretty
off-putting.  Obviously, any simplifications in the CPA in general would
help the NCPA but might not go far enough. We need to try to get to an NCPA
that doesn't have to be negotiated at all (Dale's "bootstrap" problem).

Regards,
Marty

Martin Sachs
standards architect