Subject: Section on Composition of an NDD for a CPA Template

In composing my replies to Antonio's query on the ebxml-cppa-comment list,
I realized that there are inconsistencies in the rules in "Composition of
an NDD for a CPA Template". Assume Party A is preparing an initial offer.

For example, the fourth paragraph states: "Party A SHOULD NOT include items
in the new NDD that were not in Party B's original NDD...Party A MUST
either accept what is in Party B's CPP or recognize that there is an
irreconcilable conflict." The SHOULD NOT and MUST are in conflict.

I propose to change the section to make the SHOULDs SHALLs if Party A has
access to Party B's NDD since they are all cases where the negotiation will
fail if Party A does not take into account Party B's NDD.

Regards,
Marty

Martin Sachs
standards architect