Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Re: AW: [ebxml-cppa-comment] AW: AW: Re: Automated CPA Negotiation

I have the following comment regarding the case that Michael mentions,
namely "one CPPA element (referenced by an XPATH in the NDD) where the two
parties have a common value range/enumeration but different preference
functions. The negotiation problem here is to agree on one of these values."

There are two cases:
Case 1: Both parties are willing to let the other party see the preference
function. (for instance, the individual NDDs are publicly available).
In this case, since both parties know both preference function, including
either preference functions in the overall NDD is not required. The schema
caters to this possibility by allowing zero occurrences of the preference
function.

Case 2:  At least one party is not willing to let the other party see the
preference function.

In this case, there is at most one preference function that is visible and
that preference function  can be included in the NDD.

When the negotiation algorithm becomes sufficiently defined as part of the
standard,  in case 1, it might make sense to modify the schema to allow the
possibility of both preference functions
being included  the NDD. Since we are quite a ways from defining the
negotiation algorithms as part of the standard, it was felt that the current
functionality is sufficient for now.

Kartha