Subject: [ebxml-cppa-comment] Re: xpath in NDD for only one element?

Hi Michael

This XPath expression can point to more than one timeToAcknowledgeReceipt.

Good question if one NegotiableInformationItem (NII) is intended to point to more than one actual element/attribute to be negotiated.

If an NII can reference more than 1 element/attribute the return messages (accept/reject/counter offer) would have to be accordingly.

No answer to your question but

NII references >1 element/attribute -> more complex
NII references =1 element/attribute -> less complex (maybe first step)

Regards

Sacha

Forwarding to the appropriate lists.

At 05:15 AM 10/7/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Marty
>
>I have a question about xpath in NDDs. Below is an extract of appendix
>f:
>
>3835 <!--Example of negotiating a duration-->
><NegotiableInformationItem
>xpath="/CollaborationProtocolAgreement/PartyInfo/CollaborationRole/Servi
>ceBinding/Service/CanSend/ThisPartyActionBinding/BusinessTransactionChar
>acteristics/@timeToAcknowledgeReceipt">
><DurationWithPreference preferenceOrder="SmallerPreferred">
><MinimumDuration>PT5M</MinimumDuration>
><MaximumDuration>PT6M</MaximumDuration>
></DurationWithPreference>
></NegotiableInformationItem>
>
>This xpath references several attributes in the CPA (2 PartyInfo
>elements, several canSend, etc.). Can all attributes be negotiated with
>these values? If only one attribute is ment to be negotiated, the xpath
>should be more specific.
>

>Best regards
>
>Michael Vetter
>____
>
>         Dipl.-Inform. Michael Vetter
>         CC Electronic Business Integration
>         Fraunhofer IAO (Institut fuer Arbeitswirtschaft und
>Organisation)
>         mail:           Nobelstrasse 12, D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany
>         phone:  +49 (0) 711 970 2324
>         fax:            +49 (0) 711 970 5111
>         email:  Michael.Vetter@iao.fraunhofer.de
>         www:          www.ebi.iao.fraunhofer.de