Subject: RE: TPA reference element?

> was included. But I am beginning to see why this
> legal TPA stuff was stuck into a comment ;-)

Well if the grand vision is to really do business on the internet, then we've got to bite the bullet sometime. There's some legal precedant though in EDI as you're probably aware of, but I believe ebXML wants to make doing business a lot more solid.

> Just to change the question a bit: What if the
> BPSS turns off its flag, but there is some other legally binding
> contract?
Such as a national regulation like Dangerous Goods Declarations currently mandated by the European Gov't in their HAZMAT directive to all member nations, where public safety is involved, or ....

> Doesn't setting the flag on
> isLegallyBinding to false just mean that the BPSS is not
> itself a legally binding document?
If you ask the BP team, I'd be voting yes. That's a non-binding exchange.

> Or is it intended
> to imply that there
> are no legally binding documents pertaining
> to the business process? (which sounds
> funny to me).

You've got to test out the process somehow !! That's non-binding.
-Dave