Subject: RE: isLegallyBinding

I think the meaning of the BPSS "isLegallyBinding" parameter
is to signify the intention of the current transaction to be legally
binding (or not), rather than to assert that there is or is not a
governing contract.

I cc'd Jamie Clark on this message so he can correct me if I
misstate (the parameter was his baby).

The parameter arose from the BP collaboration patterns for
contract formation and negotiation.  In contract negotiation,
it is useful to distinguish stages when the parties are "just
talking" from stages where they are trying to form a legally
binding contract.  Remember also, a purchase order is a
contract.

The parameter is also useful to distinguish tests from "real"
business transactions.

It could also be useful to reference a governing contract for
a current transaction, but that would be separate from the
"isLegallyBinding" parameter.

-Bob Haugen