Subject: RE: New work and loose ends

Hi Dave,

The proposed CPPA charter includes several suggested liaison activities
with w3c groups, oasis groups, and possibly
others. Web services are proposed as one kind of specification to
monitor (watching where WSFL, BPMI, XLang
et alia end up being digested.) One reason for this interest is in
allowing CPPs and CPAs to link to other "business process
specifications". This is in keeping with the modularity ebXML has
endorsed-- to permit each specification area
to be used independently of other ebXML specifications as well as having
good integration points. Some
issues I see here are whether and how to keep the "service" and "action"
tags, how to generalize CPAs to handle
multi-role collaborations, and so on. If it made sense to use CPPs and
CPAs in connection with web service flows,
even if these were defined in some "non-standard" specification, why
preclude opening up the CPPA specification to
allow creating a CPA that referenced BPs described in accordance with
non-ebXML notations? If the other notations
are being used, and CPPA is to promote faster convergence to agreeing
upon interoperable software configurations,
it would certainly be within our intended scope.

At any rate, consideration of these issues, and monitoring developments
parallel to ebXML BPSS,
is not a scope change from the proposed charter, IMO.

Bye
Dale