Subject: Re: Security - question about nonrepudiation

Tim,

"Collier, Timothy R" wrote:

> Chris,
>
>         Thanks.  Hum... I think the nonrepudiation element seems to need

most likely;-) As I think Marty already indicated, it is on the list of
things to do.

> some work ;)  Ok, the authenticated element is a transport characteristic,
> makes sense. But still, the only method supported, right now, for
> nonrepudiation is digital signatures, which is already defined (in the
> docExchange).  Just seems like the nonrepudiation element is like pushing an
> elevator button that is already lit, it might make you feel good, but it
> doesn't really do anything.

Not certain that I necessarily agree. Digital signatures can employ
a wide variety of algorithms. Getting to agreement on which of these are
supported (from a CPP perspective) and which shall be used (in the CPA
perspective) for a given exchange is relatively important. This might vary
either from agreement to agreement and possibly from message to message.

>         We should sync the MS signature methodology with the CPP/A
> definitions for the application of signatures.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. I authored both;-) What is it that
you feel is inconsistent between the two?