Subject: RE: Agenda - August 27 conference call

Dale,

The posting from David Fischer below states "As I understand it, the
perspective standards are then submitted to the OASIS membership on the
quarter and then there is some comment/voting time period."  If this is
true for the V 1.0 specs, then I come back to my original concern, that the
effort to get V 1.0 approved may impede progress toward V1.1.  If any
public comment period is needed for V 1.0, the I would have to vote against
conversion of V 1.0 to an OASIS standard regardless of my views on the
marketing/political issues.  The last thing we want is to have to address
more public comments on V1.0 while we are trying to get V1.1 ready.  Please
check with Karl Best.  If there is anything more than the formality of
voting within our TC, then we should say "no thank you" and get on with
V1.1.

---------------------- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 08/24/2001

David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com> on 08/24/2001 01:36:22 PM