Subject: Re: reliable messaging

Nonetheless, without the SHALL, reliable messaging is not meeting its
committment to the application level.  There is clearly no point in
continuing to circle around this one on the list server.  David needs to
call out the SHALL/SHOULD issue for delivery failure notification in his
issues list.  The team needs to discuss in Palo Alto and come up with a
consensus.  If the Team agrees on SHOULD, there should be a strongly worded
(non-normative) caveat on this one.

Regards.

jacques durand <jacques@savvion.com> on 08/27/2001 02:58:06 PM