Subject: Re: Negotiation: comments on white paper outline

Chris,

I scanned this posting a couple of times but I can't find any comments from
you in it.

christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>@Sun.COM on 08/29/2001
08:39:32 PM

Sent by:  Chris.Ferris@Sun.COM

To:   Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc:   Krishna Sankar <ksankar@cisco.com>, Peter Ogden
      <pogden@cyclonecommerce.com>, ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org

Marty,

Thus far, all comments are here (Krishna's and Peters) as well
as a few thoughts of my own to further complicate your life;-)

Cheers,

Chris

Martin W Sachs wrote:

> Krishna,
>
> Thanks for your comments.  I will add you to the negotiation subteam
list.

> Everyone, I am pleased to see that there is increased activity on the
> negotiation white paper.
>
> Collating comments when everyone has embedded them in a different copy of
> the document is challenging.  I will line-number the next version and ask
> people to reference comments to line numbers rather than embedding them.
>
> Regards,
> Marty

> Martin W. Sachs
> IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
> P. O. B. 704
> Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
> 914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
> Notes address:  Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM
> Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

> Krishna Sankar <ksankar@cisco.com> on 08/29/2001 05:33:34 PM
>
> To:   Peter Ogden <pogden@cyclonecommerce.com>,
>       ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
> cc:   Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
> Subject:  RE: Negotiation: comments on white paper outline
>
> Hi all,
>
>      I have added a few comments as well (They are in Blue in my
computer).
> Would like to participate in the negotiation team if possible, else I am
> fine as an observer.
>
>      One of the main things I would like to add to is that, we should
> consider
> long term partner relationships as well. The paper as it stands now is
more
> for spontaneous relationships. I think the negotiation process would be
> more
> helpful for *maintaining* partner relationships, especially if an
> organization has 10,000 partners. In this case, manual intervention
> required
> is less as well.
>
> cheers

Patterns,