Subject: FW: Mail list membership

Ian Jones, chair of the Messaging TC,
summarizes an administrative issue that our TC also needs
to address. Ian states:

"This mailing list (ebXML Messaging Technical Committee) is currently
open to
all OASIS members which is not in accordance with the OASIS TC process
without a formal vote to make it open to all, the default is to restrict
it
to People Eligible To Participate i.e. those attending the initial
meeting
and any others who have requested the chair to participate.  For full
details please read the TC process document on the OASIS-OPEN.COM web
site."

Likewise, this list (ebXML CPPA TC) is open to all OASIS members.
While I thought we agreed to keep it open to all at our
first face to face, I did not find that decision
in the minutes. So, like the Messaging group, we need to
decide on our policy. I would like to keep the list open, so
I propose that we follow Ian's proposal for his group, which was:

"If I receive no formal objection before 12:00 midnight October 5, 2001
(Pacific Daylight time) the list will remain open to all OASIS members.
If
I receive any objection this issue will be formally discussed and voted
on
at the next scheduled conference call after that date."

Since our next conference call will be the October voting meeting, this
will
work out OK for us if members wish to discuss this issue at greater
length.