Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Comments on reliable messaging in the1.0.5 draft

OK, I agree.  How do we tell the MSH to use this new sync connection instead of the old one which is holding?  Just because the Sender decides to drop the connection, does not mean the Receiver actually realizes that.  I am not a packet expert but, isn't the the Receiving end still waiting?  I don't think there is anything like a "keep-alive" packet going back and forth.  The connection is literally doing nothing.

Regards,

David.
-----Original Message-----
From: Arvola Chan [mailto:arvola@tibco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 2:43 PM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org

David:

The purpose of a sender retrying is not only to solicit for acknowledgment from the receiver, but also to solicit for the business level response. Therefore, if the Acknowledgment message is piggybacked on the business level response, then the latter compound message must be resent by the receiver in response to the duplicate message.

Regards,
-Arvola