Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] Should a SimplePart be reusable?

I think that there is room for more
reuse of these parts. I have been hoping
to find a more compact notation for Packaging
descriptions, but meanwhile it is probably worthwhile
moving parts out and using IDREFs to point
at shared ones. Also the NamespaceSupported
elements may need rework/modification so that
we can tie SOAP module URI identifiers to the
SOAP envelope. Then the Acknowledgment and other
modules can be in reusable SimpleParts for
building the alternative packaging elements
that go with the varied return paths, for example.
I see these mods as all alignment enhancements or
deficiency corrections within 1.1 scope.

Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Arvola Chan [mailto:arvola@tibco.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 6:59 PM
To: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Should a SimplePart be reusable?

Currently, SimplePart is a sub-element of Packaging. That suggests a
SimplePart cannot be reused across multiple Packaging elements.

Consider the following Packaging definition:

 <tp:Packaging tp:id="package1">
  <tp:ProcessingCapabilities tp:parse="true" tp:generate="true"/>
  <tp:SimplePart tp:id="part11" tp:mimetype="text/xml">
   <tp:NamespaceSupported
tp:location="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/draft
-msg
-header-01.xsd"
tp:version="1.1">http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/d
raft
-msg-header-01.xsd</tp:NamespaceSupported>
  </tp:SimplePart>
  <tp:SimplePart tp:id="part12" tp:mimetype="text/xml">
   <tp:NamespaceSupported
tp:location="http://www.rosettanet.org/schemas/PIP3A4RequestPurchaseOrde
r.xs
d"
tp:version="1.0">http://www.rosettanet.org/schemas/PIP3A4RequestPurchase
Orde
r.xsd</tp:NamespaceSupported>
  </tp:SimplePart>
  <tp:CompositeList>
   <tp:Composite tp:id="part1" tp:mimetype="multipart/related"
tp:mimeparameters="type=text/xml;">
    <tp:Constituent tp:idref="part11"/>
    <tp:Constituent tp:idref="part12"/>
   </tp:Composite>
  </tp:CompositeList>
 </tp:Packaging>

The SimplePart part11 describes the SOAP:Envelope portion of an ebXML
message. If this is not reusable, then for every Packaging element, a
similar SimplePart with a different ID value will have to be redeclared.
Is
that desirable? If not, should we consider moving SimplePart to the same
level as Packaging.

Thanks,
-Arvola