Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA teleconference minutes: October 18, 2001

David,

Again, you are making an assumption that the "application"
or more specifically the NRR function doesn't have access
to the unadulterated message contents. I think that this is
a false assumption. The specification makes no claims whatsoever
as to what the "application" gets, nor what form that should
take.

You also say:

 > <<Not a problem!  The Application may pass anything it wishes to the MSH.>>

I would respond that the MSH may pass anything to the "application"
that it wishes. We say nothing about the implementation of
the software stack that manifests itself as an MSH + "application"
nor should we, IMO.

The MSH is an abstraction, not a technical specification for an
implementation.

Cheers,

Chris