Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: [ebxml-msg] Comments on your Comments

Arvola,

The Override element is a child element of the ServiceBinding element. The
v 1.0 CPP-CPA text for the ServiceBinding element states that it identifies
a default delivery channel for all of the message traffice that is to be
sent to the party within the context of the identified
process-specification document.  For the override element, it states that
it provides a party with the ability to map or bind a different delivery
channel to messages of a selected business transaction that is associated
with the parent service binding element.

Given these words, we can't simply add an override element for MSH to MSH
messages. I suppose we could concoct a BPSS description of MSH to MSH
messaging and add a ProcessSpecification subtree for this purpose.  I also
thought about designating that delivery channel under ebXMLBinding but
since ebXMLBinding is part of a delivery channel, that's at least circular
if not worst. See next paragraph for a better idea.

The simplest approach is to add an additional child element to PartyInfo
that designates a delivery channel for MSH to MSH messages. Alternatively,
we could add an attribute to the DeliveryChannel element that permits a
particular delivery channel to be used for MSH to MSH messages.  I think I
prefer adding a child element to PartyInfo because that would allow us to
prescribe that only one such delivery channel be so designated (if that's
what we want to do).  Either way, we need to pay some attention to the
wording because that element or attribute has to be described as usable for
any messaging agent, not just the ebXML MSH, since that element or
attribute is in an area that is independent of messaging protocol.

Arvola Chan <arvola@tibco.com> on 11/07/2001 11:08:05 AM