Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: Notes from BPSS/CPPA conference call

I was trying to come up with the xpath expression which would
convey the correct final RequestingBusinessActivity or
RespondingBusinessActivity node and also show the
hierarchial information. I have to admint I'm not an
XPath guru!

Going with the drop ship example in the specification:

Example 1)

First a binary collaboration with BusinessTransactionActivity

BinaryCollaboration: "Credit Inquiry" which has one BusinessTransactionActivity
"Check Credit BTA" mapped to BusinessTransaction "Check Credit BT" which we
assume would have "RequestingBusinessActivity = Check Credit Request" &
"RespondingBusinessActivity=Check Credit Response"

XPath expression to identify the right node:

/ProcessSpecification/Package/BusinessTransaction[@name=/ProcessSpecification/Pa

ckage/BinaryCollaboration[@name="Credit Inquiry"]/BusinessTransactionActivity[@n

ame="Check Credit
BTA"]/@businessTransaction]/RequestingBusinessActivity[@name="Check Credit RBA"]

Internal evaluation of @businessTransaction is to get the link to the
businesTransaction from "BusinessTransactionActivity"

Example 2)

Now for a Nested collaboration:

BinaryCollaboration "Credit Charge" uses a CollaborationActivity "Credit Inquiry
CA" which is mapped to BinaryCollaboraiton "Credit Inquiry" from example 1

Xpath expression for this would look like this

/ProcessSpecification/Package/BusinessTransaction[@name=/ProcessSpecification/Pa

ckage/BinaryCollaboration[@name=/ProcessSpecification/Package/BinaryCollaboratio

n[@name="Credit Charge"]/CollaborationActivity[@name="Credit
Inquiry"]/@binaryCollaboration]/BusinessTransactionActivity[@name="Check
Credit"]/@businessTransaction]/RequestingBusinessActivity[@name="Check Credit
Requesting Business Activity"]

One internal evaluation of @binaryCollaboration to get the collaboration
being pointed to from the collaboration activity and the evaluation of
@businesTransaction is the same as from e.g. 1

I don't know how deep the collaborations would get, but it
doesn;nt look too clean to me with just one nested collaboration!!

-hima