Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: Notes from BPSS/CPPA conference call

From: Stefano POGLIANI
> I think that the "common document" approach you mention
> could lead to a more complex management of information.
> - one should look at more than one document
> - there may be more than one "common parts"...
>
> Would it be possible to have the BPSS document referencing
> some parameterized information (like the time to perform you mention)
> and have the CPA (or just any other thing, that's irrelevant from
> the point of view of BPSS) to actually provide an actual value?
> In this way, by reading the BPSS document one would understand
> the process flow and the constraints and will be able to
> define an actual value for the formal parameter in the
> agreement on executing such BP.

I think the eBTWG Business Collaboration Patterns project
will be able to resolve some of these issues, although in a
version 2.0 time frame.

We're looking at Monitored Commitments, which are promises
from one trading partner to execute an event for another trading
partner in the future.  Commitments will have time constraints.
So it won't be a matter of one "time to perform" for a whole
Collaboration, but as many scheduled events as necessary,
each with its own time constraint.

Commitments are binary (between two parties) but a multi-party
collaboration could contain many commitments between many
sets of two-parties, coordinated by whichever parties are responsible
for dependencies between commitments.

I know that's a little sketchy, but we are working on concrete
examples.

Good luck,
Bob Haugen