Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Issues update

Just to clarify, unlike the other documents being maintained by others,
negotiation is beyond version 1.1 and probably will stay as a separate
specification.

Tony Weida <rweida@hotmail.com> on 12/17/2001 10:17:09 PM

To:    CPPA <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc:
Subject:    [ebxml-cppa] Issues update

I've attached a zip file with a revision of the  Access 2000 issues
database that includes reports of new issues since the last  version as
well as all issues.  Both reports are sorted by  category, submitter and
issue.  Note that some issues appear in more than  one category.  For those
(hopefully few) without access to Access, I've  also included RTF versions
of the reports.

I've manually broken  contents of the Issue field into lines of under 80
characters in an  effort to circumvent the Access bug that sometimes caused
premature truncation in the exported RTF files.  Unfortunately, while  the
reports in Access are fine, severe problems with the RTF export remain,
including extraneous blank lines and overwriting of fields with  garbled
text (see, for example, the top of page 12 in "New CPPA  Issues.rtf").  I'm
very unhappy about this, but stymied as to the  solution.  Any ideas on how
to fix or avoid such Access bugs in general are  hereby solicited
(previous experience shows that similar problems occur  when exporting to
other formats such as HTML and plain text.)

I've taken  the liberty of targeting some new issues for version 1.1 where
that seemed the  obvious choice or where specifically indicated by Dale.
[Dale: how and  when should the remainder be targeted?]

As always, please verify that important issues you've  recently raised are
included.   Also, please use message subjects  and text to explicitly call
out new issues where appropriate.

Note that several  related documents are now being maintained by others,
e.g.:

    Service/Action -  Hima
    Security - Dale
    Messaging Interlock -  Arvola
    Negotiation - Marty

In general, I've tried to avoid creating overlapping  issues.

Cheers,
Tony