Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA Version 1.05

Chris,
It seems to me that some sort of URI involving
a UDDI registry could indeed be sufficient
for the PartyRef value. That would
be one extension. An ebXML registry might be another.
The current dilemma is how best or, more accurately,
just _how_ to handle this sort of
extensibility while having some chance at automation
(or interoperable operation) and while having
a specification that is frozen with respect to
the enumerated values it contains. (Woops, a couple
of current dilemmas.) So, we are hoping that we can
get Oasis to set up something like an IANA for
URNs that identify enumerated values, and let this
be the official site for finding new enumerated
values, beyond what gets documented in specification
version X.X. These enumerated values then are possible
ways of filling in the attributes "type=XXX" that we
seem to be adopting to allow some semantic constraint
on the values (as under the PartyRef element and the
PartyId element and elsewhere.) Duane's concern has
been to have better support for automation and I
agree with him that we need to try to arrive at a
better system.

So, do you have a proposal for how to handle the
type specifier for UDDI? Words of explanation of
how to retrieve the right value? Send them up by
next Monday!

Dale