Subject: RE: a smaller replacement issue was [ebxml-cppa] A big issue

Duane,

There are several things to point out here in response.

1. In ebCPPA 1.05, and for the xsd at the 0.12 level,
when using a BPSS flow/process spec, the UUID is
found under the Service element. So it is available
for queries. See second paragraph of section 7.5.9.
2. At the face to face, the question was brought
up about explicitly adding UUID somewhere under
the ProcessSpecification element. There was a
consensus to do that, but it will probably be
optional. The reason for this is that, while we
certainly want to provide support for BPSS and
RegRep, we also want to adhere to the modularity
goal. Thus, we want to be able to point to other
ProcessSpecifications once openly peer reviewed
specifications from a standards body are available
(e.g., standardized versions of WSFL, BPML, XLang,
or whatever). But we do not now know that these
items have UUIDs. We do feel it is safe to assume
that a simple XLink will be able to point at the
right stuff. This should explain the current design
rationale. What we are now looking for is a way
to say UUID is required when using a BPSS style
ProcessSpecification. The 1.07 draft and the 0.13
xsd should contain a resolution to your concern.
Please check and let us know.

Dale Moberg