Subject: [ebxml-cppa] URN Resolution services,any standardization in this area useful for CPPA?

Hi,

I have been looking at documents over at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/urn-charter.html
with the goal of understanding the state and
probable direction of URN resolution services.

The RFCs include:

URN Syntax (RFC 2141) (Standards Track)
The Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) DNS Resource Record (RFC 2915)
(Standards Track)

Resolution of Uniform Resource Identifiers using the Domain Name System
(RFC 2168) (Experimental)
A Trivial Convention for using HTTP in URN Resolution (RFC 2169)
(Experimental)
Architectural Principles of Uniform Resource Name Resolution (RFC 2276)
(Informational)
Using Existing Bibliographic Identifiers as Uniform Resource Names (RFC
2288) (Informational)
URI Resolution Services Necessary for URN Resolution (RFC 2483)
(Experimental)
URN Namespace Definition Mechanisms (RFC 2611) (BestCurrentPractice)
A URN Namespace for IETF Documents (RFC 2648) (Informational)

Only the DNS RR NAPTR RFC appears to standards track. Does anyone
know whether any of this RFC has been implemented? Incidentally,
have any of the experimental RFCs such as 2438 or 2169 caught on?

I think that the Oasis namespace would serve as an authority for URNs
used in CPPA (such as for enumerated values). It is registered with IANA
in a BCP manner, I think.

Beyond this, I see little clear direction for:
1. how URN resolution services are accessed/discovered
or
2. what URN resolution yields (though URL for a schema/resource
seems one candidate, it really seems wide open).

Anyone with another view on this?