Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Some issues I like to see discussed in tomorrow's CC

<hima> inline

Arvola Chan wrote:

 While working on my contributions to the 1.07 draft, I come across the following issues that I like to see discussed in tomorrow's CC if possible:
  1. We agreed at the F2F that all version attributes should be REQUIRED. However, In the NonRepudiationProtocol element example, I have a hard time figuring out what would be an appropriate version attribute value. The example is currently using "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" as the string value for NonRepudiationProtocol.

<hima> What did we decide on this?

  1. It is not clear to me if the attributes under BusinessProcessCharacteristics should be REQUIRED or IMPLIED. We say that these attributes can be used to override parameters specified in the business process. In that sense, I would think that if an attribute is omitted, the default value should be obtained from the business process. However, we try to describe consistency contraints between various attributes. It would be much simpler for a CPA composition tool to check for consistency if all attributes are directly available from the CPA, rather than having to retrieve default values from the BPSS instance.

<hima> My vote is for implied. Are you suggesting that consistency
constraints would have to based on values retrieved from both CPA
and BPSS?

  1. In the ProcessSpecification element, we have an existing REQUIRED xlink:href attribute and we are trying to add a uuid attribute. One reason for adding a uuid attribute is that it may not be always possible to provide a resolvable xlink:href for the business process document. If so, then we should not have made xlink:href REQUIRED in the first place. It also seems inappropriate to make uuid REQUIRED. What if the BPSS spec is not being used? There may not be a usable uuid. One argument in favor of making xlink:href REQUIRED is that its absence would make it impossible to attach one or more signatures on CPPs and CPAs.

<hima> Not clear on why absence of xlink:href would make Signature impossible.
It would only make ds:Reference over ProcessSpecification impossible.

  1. In order to describe which parts of business message is to be signed by the ebXML MSH, I suggest adding an IMPLIED boolean excludedFromSignature attribute to the Constituent element. This attribute is only applicable to those Constitutents that comprise the top-level multipart ebXML message. By default, this attribute is "false", meaning that the Constituent will be included in the ds:Signature. Those Constituents that have this attribute explicitly set to "false" would be excluded from the signature.

<Hima> agree. Can we add <any> so that if user wants to have
 a transform to be applied over the constituent, it can be done.

  1. The NamespaceSupported element description refers to S2ML. Is this superseded by SAML (developed under the auspices of OASIS)? Should we reference SAML instead?

<hima> Yes.

  1. Is it acceptable to allow PartyRef to occur multiple times, in order to accommodate the reference to context information? What are appropriate values for the type attribute? Would it be appropriate to use URNs like "urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:contact-information" and "urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:context"?
  2. We need to decide on how CPAs should be versioned. Should the Appendix on ebMS/CPPA element mapping state that the cpaid and version attibutes in the CollaborationProtocolAgreement element should be concatenated to populate the CPAId element in ebMS message header?

<hima> Didn't we decide that version does not have to be reflected
in the cpaid cause the assumption/description in document would
say that it's assumed that only one version of CPA is deployed at both
the sites at any instance, and the version attribute would convey that
version number. So in that sense, we don't really have support
for simulataneous deployment of different versions of same CPA.

  1. For extensibility, which elements should accept #wildcards?
Thanks,-Arvola