Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Toolmaker critical mass (was) [ebxml-dev] Queriesregarding ebXML

If you haven't been watching the ebxml-dev list lately, there is a string of encouraging informal cites, like the one below, to new tools that are actively implementing various ebXML standards.  Some of them were news to me.    Nothing says "early adoption" better than tool builders putting their own substantial time into developing product around your work.  :)   JBC

Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:36:57 +0200
From: Leanne Luger <leanne@zenaptix.com>
Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Queries regarding ebXML
To: Madhukar Singhal <madhukar_07@yahoo.com>, ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Cc: Ian de Beer <ian@zenaptix.com>

Dear Madhukar

Another product to add to your list is Xeco, developed by zenAptix.

Xeco is an ebXML based business process server.  Xeco supports the
Collaboration Protocol Profile (CPP), the Collaboration Protocol Agreement
(CPA) and the BPSS specifications. Xeco supports version 2 of the ebXML
message service specification for transport and routing. Until better
industry support is provided for ebXML registries, Xeco stores the
businesses' CPP as well as the CPAs that are drawn up between the trading
partners in it's own minimal ebXML Registry/Repository implementation
utilizing LDAP technology.

Xeco has some really nifty features like:

- the ability to convert business processes modeled in UML to BPSS and then
upload the BPSS to the server.  No coding is involved in adding or modifying
business processes, meaning that business analysts/consultants do not
require assistance from developers to customize the system for their clients
business needs.

- our object mapping technology BeanStork compiles new and changed XML
schemas into JavaBeanTM classes on the fly and then marshals the ebXML
business document into a JavaBeanTM object. Combined with the Xeco rules
engine, this renders the Xeco process server remotely maintainable and makes
advances in the specification easy to implement.  (Hence our ability to
incorporate V2 of the Messaging spec in such a short space of time).

Take a look at our website www.zenaptix.com, you can download BeanStork and
try it for yourself.

Yes, I do see the situation with the major vendors changing really soon.

Regards
Leanne.
Leanne Luger
leanne@zenaptix.com