Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA version 1.10

again, it wasn't my intent that the ssn or ein be used, but
it was an example of an authority that had an identification
scheme with a managed namespace. It was just an example.

The point is that D&B has such a namespace and if they
would simply register a URN scheme with IANA then the
issue would be moot. In the absense of a URI/URN scheme
we and many before us have resorted to code sets (like
'DUNS') that in reality are just another value in a namespace
which is not identified.

Maybe OASIS should simply use its namespace (the regrep team
maybe) to establish a branch that could be used to assign
identifiers for codes like 'DUNS'...
	e.g. urn:oasis-open.org:tc:regrep:foriegn-namespaces:duns
which we could use as values for the 'type' attribute
and then make the 'type' attribute of type xsi:anyURI and
be done with it.

Cheers,

Chris