Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] View about assingned issues

87: RosettaNet Retry Parameter not Expressible in BPSS or CPP/A

In version 1.03 BPSS has "retrycount" for business process level retries.

-Pallavi

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 7:07 AM
To: Yukinori Saito
Cc: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org; EDIgr)K.Mizoguchi;
EDIgr)H.Sugamata; EDIgr)K.Wakaizumi

I have a reply below to Saito-san's  discussion.

*********

*********

                      Yukinori Saito

                      <y-saito@ecom.jp>        To:
ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org

                                               cc:       "EDIgr)H.Sugamata"
<sugamata@ecom.or.jp>, "EDIgr)K.Mizoguchi" <mizoguchi@ecom.or.jp>,
                      03/19/2002 08:17          "EDIgr)K.Wakaizumi"
<waka@ecom.or.jp>

                      PM                       Subject:  [ebxml-cppa] View
about assingned issues

Followings are my view about assigned issues.

87: RosettaNet Retry Parameter not Expressible in BPSS or CPP/A

I studied some RosettaNet PIPs (PIP2A1, PIP3A1, and PIP3A4) and PIP
Specification Guide.
These PIPs specify 'Retry Count' under 'Business Process Activity Controls'
section. And the value of Retry Count of these PIPs is '3'. '3' is
RosettaNet default value for asynchronous execution.
Retry count means that if the Acknowledgement signal would not be received
against originating business activity, the originator would send the
originating business document again within the specified Retry count.
I think this function means a kind of reliable messaging.
The PIP Specification Guide categorizes Retry count as FSV parameter, not
as
BOV parameter.

I think that RosettaNet PIPs had better just use ReliableMessaging element
in CPP/CPA usually, like the recent CPP example.
The recent CPP example (CPP-example-companyA-016.xml) is supposed to adopt
RosettaNet PIP3A4 as Service and Action, and is adopting ReliableMessaging
element.
There are other subelements (RetryInterval element and
MessageOrderSemantics
element) other than Retries element under ReliableMessaging element of
CPP/CPA. As the value of these subelements, CPP/CPA might adopt default
value, e.g. PT2H and Guaranteed.

In view point of BPSS, BPSS is a specification about business process
level,
not a specification about messaging level. Therefore I think it is
reasonable for BPSS not to have Reliable messaging parameters, e.g. Retry
parameter.

MWS:  Retries at the BPSS level relate to transaction failures, not to
reliable messaging.  In other words, the transaction failed although the
message was delivered.  This is a business process matter.  Arvola can
correct me if necessary but I understand that some RosettaNet PIPs do
provide for business process level retries.

221: nonRepudiationOfreceipt attribute concerns business level ack

I think this issue was resolved, as Marty mentioned by e-mail on March 18.

230: ds:Keyinfo subelement structure handled implicitly by deployment tool?

The disposition indicates "Maybe resolved: Add "deployment software"".
The following NOTE is already explained at '8.4.17.2 ds:KeyInfo element' in
CPPA specification V1.10.
"NOTE: Software for creation of CPPs and CPAs MUST recognize the ds:KeyInfo
element and insert the subelement structure necessary to define the
certificate."
I think this NOTE explains about deployment software. If my understanding
is
insufficient, someone please add some suitable NOTE.

Regards,
Yukinori Saito
Yukinori Saito
Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan (ECOM)
E-mail: y-saito@ecom.jp
Tel: +81-3-3436-7542    Fax: +81-3-3436-7570