Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA version 1.10

From: David Fischer [mailto:david@drummondgroup.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 8:36 AM
To: Christopher Ferris; Dale Moberg
Cc: Arvola Chan; Duane Nickull; Martin W Sachs; CPPA

DF writes>
"Won't this preclude:

	<PartyId type="DUNS">123456789</PartyId>"

No, it does not preclude MSH from agreeing to use "DUNS"
as their type identifier. To do that, however,
MSH will need to obtain configuration parameter aggregate
("CPA") information from the user or from some
other non-ebXML format for profile information.

Already MSH recommends using a URI for type values.
We are trying to adjust to BPSS and ebTWG and Registry
pressures to use URIs (more specically, URNs) in these
roles. So we are faced with a choice about how/who to
align, and cannot do it both ways.

IMO, the closest alignment is to mandate URIs and
thus be in alignment with what MSH recommends
and what the other groups indicate as required.

The TC has not formed a consensus on this, however.

So, we may begin to standardize the
treatment of naming agencies and allow extensions
to be made in a uniform way, even when naming
agencies do not use URIs themselves as their
PartyId datatype.  Using URNs allows
us to possibly tap into a URN resolution service
provided by registries (or a simple web service)
that will document naming agency value semantics.
We don't have to rewrite the schema or the spec
to add these new agencies, so the hope is that
maintenance hassles will be reduced.

Dale

DF continues>

Since Messaging decided we MUST have a configuration file (CPA), there
doesn't
seem to be any way to use the above construct.  I think MSH users MUST
import
from the CPA.

DM> Not the way I understood your spec.

DF> I'm not sure whether this is good or bad but the above construct is
the method
initially envisioned by the Messaging group -- this is the example we
used
during the discussions.

DM> I think you should have used an example that conformed to what
you recommend as a practice...

David.