Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] View about assingned issues [RosettaNet RetryParameter ]

Dear Arvola:

Thank you very much for your detailed comments.

I understood followings.
-RosettaNet PIPs are retried due to messaging level failure rather than
business level failure.
-The background the recent CPPA specification says "Such retries (retryCount
attribute) MUST not be used when ebXML Reliable Messaging is employed to
transport messages in the Business Transaction."
-The reason why CPPA specification uses the different words. ['retryCount'
attribute (under BusinessTransactionCharacreristics element) and  'Retries'
element (under ReliableMessaging element)]

But I yet have the following fundamental questions or feelings.
(1) Is it suitable that the 'retryCount' attribute is specified under
BusinessTransactionCharacreristics element, even though this 'retryCount'
means messaging level retries?
(2) It is ambiguous what is the difference between 'retryCount' attribute
[under BusinessTransactionCharacreristics element] and  'Retries' element
[under ReliableMessaging element], and how to choose these functions
clearly.

Followings are my proposals.
(1) Change the position of 'retryCount' attribute from under
BusinessTransactionCharacreristics element to under MessagingCharacteristics
element like dupuricateElimination attribute.
Reason: 'retryCount' attribute means messaging level retries actually.
(2) Guideline how to choose 'retryCount' attribute or 'Retries' element
-If a party want to specify details about Retries, e.g. Retry count, Retry
interval, and Message order semantics, the party had better select Reliable
messaging function under ReliableMessaging element.
-If a party want to specify only Retry count, the party had better select
'retryCount' attribute under MessagingCharacteristics element.
In this case, as the value of Retry interval, the CPP/CPA middleware may
adopt default value (e.g. 2 hours) or the value of 'Time to Acknowledge
Receipt Signal'

Regards,
Yukinori Saito