Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Section 8.4.36.2 edits (SMTP changes for Cliff Collinsobservations)

Hi,

I have edited (mainly by deletion) some statements
made in section 8.4.36.2 that are a little misleading.

I also think we should now reference 2822 instead
of 822 because 2822 obsoletes 822.

I removed a remark about application/octet-string.

I removed a remark about content-transfer-encoding
behavior between the MTA and UA, because this is
a basically non-standardized arena. I replaced it
with a remark about how MTAs can negotiate what
CTEs they will use among themselves, and added a warning about
how CTE changes can play havoc with some signatures.

I am hoping these changes will update our SMTP
material usefully. The changed section (by itself)
is included in the attachment.

Please let me know of corrections soon. I would like
to add these changes in for Tony's next version.

Thanks
Dale Moberg