Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Question about versioning and ebXML CPPA TechnicalCommittee Teleconference April 5 Minutes and Notes

Here are the minutes for today's
teleconference, and a question...

An announcement concerning the pending Oasis
ebXML CPPA TC vote for
approval of CPPA version 2
has been posted to the
web site Announcement section.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how the version
numbers should be handled? We plan for the successor
to 1.11 to be the actual text voted upon. Should it
be called 2.0? Should all the schemas be so versioned?

There is a good chance that after the initial public
review, but before deciding whether to submit the specification
for Oasis approval, we will incorporate changes that
implementation experience, TC scrutiny, or public comment
make advisable. So that would be 2.01 or something. Is
anyone troubled by this possibility? Should we name
the TC version 1.99 to avoid this?

Not a big deal, but I would like to know what the
consenus of the group is.

Please examine the minutes carefully and send additions or
corrections to me and/or the list.

Thanks,
Dale Moberg