Subject: [ebxml-cppa] FW: current text at section 8.4.31 (EncryptionAlgorithmunder Transport

OK, I think I now have the last known editorial enhancement
included in the draft 1.12a; I am including the result in this
message. I will see about getting a PDF made with
stable line numbers this weekend, and post if successful.

But the draft looks like the one we will transform into version 1.9.
The wording change made and Marty's ack is found below.

This version will get both review by implementers and review
by a wider public, if approved by two-thirds of our voting
members.

Thanks,
Dale Moberg

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 10:32 AM
To: Dale Moberg
Subject: Re: current text at section 8.4.31 (EncryptionAlgorithm under
Transport

Perfectly!  That's exactly the way I would have done it.

*************

*************

|         |           "Dale Moberg"     |
|         |           <dmoberg@cycloneco|
|         |           mmerce.com>       |
|         |           04/19/2002 12:29  |
|         |           PM                |

--------------------------------------|

  |       To:       Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  current text at section 8.4.31 (EncryptionAlgorithm
under Transport                         |

--------------------------------------|

Marty,

We currently have the text at 8.4.31:

"For SSL and TLS, it is customary to specify cipher suite values under
the EncryptionAlgorithm element. These values include, but are not
limited to:

·            SSL_RSA_FIPS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,
·            TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,
·            SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,
·            SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5,
·            SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA,
·            SSL_DH_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,
·            SSL_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA.

Consult the original specifications for enumerations and discussions of
these values."

If I change the first sentence to:

"For SSL and TLS, it is customary to specify cipher suite values as text
values for the EncryptionAlgorithm element.

will that resolve the problem?