Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] TC approval of specification version 1.9 for initialpublic review

Thanks Dale.  As to the May 18 date in the proposed announcement:  I noted that Marty votes for this short deadline in his message Saturday.  I have no intrinsic problem with 2 weeks if it's a defensible answer.   May I suggest that you confirm with OASIS whether there is a "usual" period.  I have no idea whether 2 weeks is short, long or typical, among those standards that do use public review -- I thought someone had talked about 30 days earlier, but have no data on OASIS rules, or ebXML practices post-2001.
In light of the degree of press interest here, it would be helpful if we avoided the appearance of using a remarkably or unusually abbreviated period.   If there is such a thing in this context.   Regards  Jamie