Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Questions on IPR and Ballots for SpecificationApproval

At 07:38 AM 5/28/02, you wrote:
*** I would like to schedule an additional voting meeting this week provided that a quorum of voting members can attend. I propose Wednesday at 8 AM Pacific Daylight Time as a supplementary voting meeting. I also propose allowing the regular Friday morning meeting to be a voting meeting.
However, I think it is only fair that we not make these voting meetings unless a quorum can attend. *** Please send the list and/or me a statement of intent to attend ***

I will attend both.

I should also point out that 10% of the voting membership is 2 members. So two no votes on either of the current issues will defeat them. I would encourage the TC to consider what should be our course of action should one or both of the issues fail ***

One thing that would be helpful is an update on the opportunity costs of with submitting, or not submitting, the spec as an OASIS standard in the June cycle.  We discussed this briefly in April; at that time I thought I heard it was mostly a question of convenience to a parallel JSR process.

Regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ VP and General Counsel, McLure-Moynihan Inc.   www.mmiec.com
~ Chair, ABA Business Law Subcommittee on Electronic Commerce
~ www.abanet.org/buslaw/cyber/ecommerce/ecommerce.html
~ 1 818 597 9475   jamie.clark@mmiec.com   jbc@lawyer.com
~ This message is neither legal advice nor a binding signature.  Ask me why.