Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] FYI: SEED and ebXML CPPA

Dear Colleagues,

If SEED is similar to / has the same motivations as CPP(/A) then I wonder if
it too is covered by the IBM patent claims?

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Choreology Ltd., 13 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 76701787         Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com <mailto:tony.fletcher@choreology.com>
(Home: amfletcher@iee.org)

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Wenzel [mailto:pete@seebeyond.com]
Sent: 12 June 2002 19:02
To: ebXML CPP/A List

I was not able to find a specification for the SEED package.  However,
the general description below implies that it would contain a subset
of a CPP.

--Pete

--- Begin Excerpt from BizTalk Server 2002 Enterprise Edition Help File ---
Source:
http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/techinfo/productdoc/2002/BTdownload.asp

The BizTalk SEED Wizard enables companies to package their Microsoft
BizTalk Server 2002 configurations into a SEED package and make it
available to trading partners through the Internet. Companies that
create a SEED package still have to manually configure BizTalk Server
to receive documents. However by creating a SEED package, trading
partners are able to configure BizTalk Server, test their
configuration, and begin exchanging documents with the initiating
company. A SEED package helps companies rapidly start conducting
business with partners.

A SEED package contains:

- The name of the initiating company.
- The test Uniform Resource Locator (URL) and production URL
  information.
- A reference to specifications and instance data.

After a SEED package is created, trading partners (recipients) can
download the file, install it, and then configure it with additional
information, such as their:

- Port information (which includes the test drop location)
- Receive drop location

Because each trading partner relationship is unique, it is necessary
for the recipient to specify these unique attributes.

--- End of Excerpt ---

--
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
SeeBeyond