Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Licensing for CPPA

Dear IBM representative,

Let me make sure the condition for licensing of CPPA.
IBM formally announced that the license to use CPPA
is Royalty Free [1]. However IBM has also announced
companies need to apply to IBM for a license to implement
CPPA [2] .

So my question is who should apply for the license.
Is it all software vendor who is implementing CPPA?
Or does it include customer who are going to use the
product also? Please give us clarification.

We propose to make it free to implement without license
application, if IBM really wanted to remove any potential
confusion regarding implementation of the specification, as
you described in the letter [3].

Best Regards,

Iwasa

[1] http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-dev/200204/msg00107.html