Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] RE: BSI distinguishingsuccess, failure,and transition conditions

Bob,

You're putting too much in IIC's lap with this suggestion.  The IIC
process, of which I am an author, sees the IIC group extracting
conformance requirements from the various specifications, then defining
concrete test cases which reasonably cover all requirements.  We have
enough work without having to help do specification work.  I don't
think you meant your statement to be interpreted as I just did, but I
assure you that the outcome of your suggestion would be something close
to what I've stated.

As far as BSI being an "abstract" concept, and thus left unspecified --
I don't agree.  Who made the rule that "abstract" should not be
specified?  In a sense, a concept is only abstract until it is
implemented.  If the concept is not specified, then it will not be
properly implemented.  Think of it this way:  The WSDL schema is
abstract, but a WSDL instance is not.  I think that BSI should be
specified and defined, because it will provide a serious reality check
and touch point to all of this BP work.

Cheers,

Matthew MacKenzie
Chief Software Architect