Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] RE: BSI distinguishingsuccess,failure,and transition conditions

From: Matthew MacKenzie
> You're putting too much in IIC's lap with this suggestion.  The IIC
> process, of which I am an author, sees the IIC group extracting
> conformance requirements from the various specifications, then
defining
> concrete test cases which reasonably cover all requirements.  We have
> enough work without having to help do specification work.  I don't
> think you meant your statement to be interpreted as I just did, but I
> assure you that the outcome of your suggestion would be something
close
> to what I've stated.

I certainly did not mean my statement to be interpreted as you just did.
I meant that BPSS and BP Protocol people should define test cases,
in collaboration with the IIC group in the sense of getting some tips
and using the IIC test framework, such as it is.

Nor did I mean "specification work" in the sense of more
spec document language, except that tests are in one
sense executable specs.

But if people want an unambiguous idea of what a BSI
is supposed to do, test cases will give it to them.

I subscribe to the IIC list and would have posted there if I meant
for them to do it.

-Bob Haugen