Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Reinstating a prior offer or counter offer

So far, there have been no replies to the proposal below.

On thinking more about this proposal, I have changed my mind.  In the
absence of further discussion, I plan to leave the topic of putting a prior
offer back on the table for a future version of the specification.  The
reason is that it adds further complexity to the specification in general
and the BPSS instance in particular.  I will put some kind of note in the
draft specification.

----- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 09/18/2002 09:19 AM -----

                      Martin W Sachs
                                               To:       ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org
                      09/13/2002 02:18         cc:
                      PM                       From:     Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                                               Subject:  Reinstating a prior offer or counter offer

Since no objections were raised, I am incorporating the rules on
reinstating a prior offer or counter offer into the draft specification.
Please note the following:

The Conditionally Accepted response should be added to the message
definition as an additional status value.  This is a variant of Counter
Pending status and does not change the choreography.  Conditionally
Accepted and Counter Pending status both indicate that the party sending
them is about to send a counter offer.  The business document name "CPA
Counter Pending Offer Doc" should be able to be used with both Counter
Pending and Conditionally Accepted status.

The "Re-send prior offer" response is different because it passes
initiative to the other party to send the next offer or counter offer. I
believe that BPSS has to test separately for this response, so it has to be
expressed as a new business document name such as "CPA Re-send Prior Offer
Doc". The status should also be "Re-send prior offer", which has to be
added to the list of status values in the message definition.  This
indicates that the counter offer that is being responded to is going to be
ignored in favor of the prior offer or counter offer that is going to be
re-sent.

The attached proposal adds an additional status condition, Firmly Declined.
This is another variant of Counter Pending status and should not affect the
choreography. The business document name should be "CPA Counter Pending
Offer Doc".

Is there any problem with requesting that the initial offer be re-sent?
Will this require yet another transition condition or separate business
transaction or binary collaboration?

(See attached file: Reinstating A Prior Offer or Counter Offer.doc)