Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] A straw man Implementation Architecture document forebXML

Dear Tony,

(1) My issue about Relationship between ebXML MS and CPPA
I suppose that the first and effective implementation case of ebXML is ebXML
MS specification.
Many EDI users are wanting to shift to Internet based EDI system to avoid
high cost of VAN based EDI system. And they want to adopt secure and
reliable messaging architecture. I suppose today that the best solution
about this view point is adoption of ebXML MS specification comparing
several standards
in the world (e.g. EDIINT, SOAP, and RosettaNet RNIF).

In Japan, all of several implementation cases adopted ebXML MS first. And
they adopted ebXML MS only at first step.
AS you know, there is close relationships or dependency between ebXML MS and
CPPA specification.
But they don't want to adopt CPPA specification at first step, because they
know the concerning parties very well each other, they don't have needs to
have several CPP's, and the infrastructure to build
application system based on full spec of CPPA specification is a little bit
difficult and require additional cost for users.
What is the best solution how to build an Internet based EDI system that
will adopt ebXML MS specification only?
I suppose that one solution is they develop the common CPA and use the CPA
commonly among the parties.
The other solution is they develop simple configuration file that describes
the relating data that are necessary for Headers of Business document based
on ebXML MS. If someone would describe some kind of method, it would be very
helpful for ebXML MS users.

This is our important issue.
For me, while regrettable, I am not a software engineer, so I cannot
describe technically detailed method or guideline about this point of
solution.

(2) My capable contribution to your specification
As I said before, In Japan, We (ECOM) is now developing 'Internet EDI
(XML/EDI) Introduction Guidebook' in Japanese language.
The object of this guidebook is how to introduce XML based Internet EDI
system for users in Japan. This guidebook describes not only how to
construct ebXML based EDI system, but also how to construct basic Internet
XML/EDI system.
The basic Internet XML/EDI system is a system that adopt XML as syntax only.

I suppose that the following item of our guidebook is relating to your
activity.
-How to adopt B2B standards in the view point of about some layers (from
messaging to business process) (6pages)
-Scenarios and observation to introduce Internet XML/EDI system (Basic
XML/EDI system and collaboration XML/EDI system based on ebXML) (5 pages)
This guidebook is written in Japanese language.
If you think these contents might be some kind of information or material
of your activity, I will translate to English and provide to your activity.
I suppose this translation requires one or two months.

(3) Consideration about Compatibility
We (ECOM) are wanting to describe compatibilities status of ebXML
specifications, and how to deal with different versions for ebXML users in
the our 'Internet EDI (XML/EDI) Introduction Guidebook'.
If anyone knows current information about compatibilities status of ebXML,
please let me know.

Regards,
Yukinori Saito