Subject: [ebxml-cppa] BPSS Bus Proc Specs: [ebxml-cppa-negot] 11/21/2002: DraftCPPA-Negot Mtg Notes 11/20/2002

FYI from Brian Hayes

----- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 11/25/2002 09:13 AM -----

                      "Brian S. Hayes"
                      <brian.hayes@ucla        To:       Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      lumni.net>               cc:
                                               Subject:  BPSS Bus Proc Specs: [ebxml-cppa-negot] 11/21/2002: Draft
                      11/22/2002 07:57          CPPA-Negot Mtg Notes 11/20/2002
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      brian.hayes

Marty,
   Would you please post this to the ebxml-cppa-negot list?  I took
myself off the list and don't wish to resubscribe if I can avoid it.
Note that if after reading my email you don't think it is appropriate to
send to the list or want to provide me further information, then it
would be fine to not post it.

Dear CPPA Negotion Team,

Yes, I will plan to call into the CPPA meeting.  I just read the notes
and would like to comment on "What should be the appropriate name for a
negotiation instance document?"

Assuming we are talking about the XML file that conforms to the BPSS
schema that describes the process or collaboration associated with
negotiating a CPA:

(a) I recommend calling it something like the CPA Negotiation Business
Collaboration Specification which would be a [type of] BPSS "Business
Process Specification."  For example, the introductory text of the
documentation associated with the XML could say something like "This
BPSS Business Process Specification defines the business collaboration
for negotiating OASIS ebXML Collaboration Protocol Agreements."

(b) I would imagine that Marty or Monica conveyed my personal sentiments
regarding the use of "Business Process Specification" over "XML
instance". Here is a copy of the email.

(c) Re: "Kartha disagreed with use of any term that included
'specification'" -- A "BPSS Business Process Specification", a.k.a.,
"BPSS XML Instance", a.k.a. "BPSS Instance" is a *specification* of
expected behavior.  Thus, I believe Kartha's disagreement, as stated in
the notes, is unfounded.

Sincerely,
Brian Hayes