Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Recharter draft for next 18 months

Dale Moberg wrote:

>    1. Maintenance of version 2.0 of the ebXML Collaboration-Protocol
>       Profile and Agreement Specification (the CPP/CPA Specification,
>       for short) including solicitation and collection of feedback on
>       that specification, as well as possible development of minor
>       follow-on versions to provide clarifications and/or minor
>       technical corrections.

I would suggest that "clarifications and/or minor technical corrections"
be published as errata if possible, in order to avoid implementation
versioning nightmares.  That is, CPP/A 2.0 + Errata is still CPP/A
2.0-compliant, and does not result in a version increment.  This is the
approach the ebMS TC is taking for 2.0 maintenance.

Of course, if we determine that material changes need to be made, such
as adding/removing/modifying functionality, resulting in incompatibility
with 2.0, that must of course result in a new version of the spec.

--Pete
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
SeeBeyond
Standards & Product Strategy