Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] FW: Alignment with CPA 2.0 Specification for Teleconference Friday May 9, 8 AM Pacific.

It is one thing to say that each ebxml spec SHOULD be able to be used
independently of the others and quite another to say that an ebXML spec
SHALL NOT provide services or linkages to other ebXML specs.  Messaging,
CPPA, and BPSS are a suite of specifications which provide a complete
messaging service when used together.

The CPPA specification already includes the necessary permissions to use
alternatives to Messaging and BPSS though we don't provide replacement
definitions for the linkages to alternative specifications.

There also has not been any fiat that makes it "illegal" for the
negotiation specification to describe its protocol using a BPSS instance
document, as we do.

I do think that it would be beneficial, in the interest of CPPA
simplification for the CPPA team to ensure that it does not contain
REQUIRED function that is not required in MSG. I'm not sure that there are
similar possibilities for CPPA simplification with regard to BPSS.

At 08:35 AM 5/8/2003 -0700, Dale Moberg wrote:
>Please consider the following question for tomorrow's meeting--
>
>"What should be the specific points of alignment and what are the
>degrees of freedom for BPSS and CPPA for preserving the constraint of
>"loosely coupled but highly aligned"?
>
>Other agenda: Announcements, SubTeam Reports, Progress Reports, Other
>issues.
>
>Thanks
>Dale Moberg
>

>Dial in: 877-204-8750