Subject: CPPA notes and notice that there is No teleconference June 20 , and the next teleconference will be June 27.

Hi,

The partyId issue remains open and there is a need to formulate a basic
approach to the system of IDs. I have asked for help from the ATG area
of UN/CEFACT but have received no response back. I am leaning toward
following the ECOM approach which maps the ISO 6523 "ICDs" to OASIS CPPA
URI values. We would grandfather in the old URI values.
Any initial comments on this approach?

Also, BPSS 1.1 goals seem to be settling down so that only maintenance
issues will be addressed in 1.1. If so, that would allow our CPPA
linkages via xlink:href to portions of BPSS instances to work through
the 1.1 schema version.
What remains uncertain is what we should do when BPSS 2.0 emerges. What
_may_ happen then will be removal of "BinaryCollaboration" element,
which would impact the Xpaths we document in version CPPA 2.0. I hope
that the ebXML JCC can consider setting guidelines on versioning,
compatibility levels, and conservative schema modifications. Some XSLT
transform tools may also help in smoothing transitions between versions.
BPSS's Dave Welsh has asked us what CPPA's take is on these pending
changes, and this is another topic for discussion June 27.

Work on substitution group approach to extensibility for CPPA 2.x schema
is mainly occuring within the cppa-ws subteam. I think it will probably
take more time than I originally guessed to arrive at viable candidate
proposals.
Contributions welcome.

We continue at our biweekly pace. Should we take August off?

Dale Moberg