Subject: ebXML CPPA teleconference 8 AM Pacific, June 27.

Hi,

Here is a reminder about some of our open agenda items for tomorrow.
I hope to call in from Helsinki for the start of the conference.

877-204-8750
706-679-5113
Code="4806272648"

Agenda

1. Announcements.

Should we take August off?

2. Subteam reports.

3. Continuing discussion topics.

A. The partyId issue remains open and there is a need to formulate a
basic approach to the system of IDs. I have asked afor help from the ATG
area of UN/CEFACT but have received no response back. I am leaning
toward following the ECOM approach which maps the ISO 6523 "ICDs" to
OASIS CPPA URI values. We would grandfather in the old URI values. Any
initial comments on this approach? Any preferences about how to set up
the pattern for URIs?

B. Also, BPSS 1.1 goals seem to be settling down so that only
maintenance issues will be addressed in 1.1. If so, that would allow our
CPPA linkages via xlink:href to portions of BPSS instances to work
through the 1.1 schema version. What remains uncertain is what we should
do when BPSS 2.0 emerges. What _may_ happen then will be removal of
"BinaryCollaboration" element, which would impact the Xpaths we document
in version CPPA 2.0. Of course, the conceptual issue of how to map into
a business process state transition representation that has not been
decomposed into binary (dyadic) relations between participants is even
more of a problem. [ I put dyadic here because one of the complaints I
have heard about the term "BinaryCollaboration" was that it suggested
that binary data was being used!]

C. I hope that the ebXML JCC can consider setting guidelines on
versioning, compatibility levels, and conservative schema modifications.
Some XSLT transform tools may also help in smoothing transitions between
versions. BPSS's Dave Welsh has asked us what CPPA's take is on these
pending changes, and this is another topic for discussion June 27.